Thursday, January 13, 2011

Randoms

Not a whole lot going on right now so I am just going to throw out a few random things-

SHG is today.

My sister has been diagnosed with endometriosis and will have to have surgery in a few months.

We've had some nice snow here the last few days and it has been really pretty.

Got to hang out with my Mom over the weekend and it was nice to have just me and her time talking about all kinds of stuff. It is probably the first time I've got to talk to her about our stuff and it not getting me upset or feeling like I need to shut down.

How awful is it that I'm happy that a TV show is possibly going to have infertility issues come up soon? One of the sister's from Parenthood has been TTC and last week she talked about how she has been the last few months, first getting excited and hopeful only to be let down.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your sister. Hope you SHG goes as planned hun. And enjoy the weekend with your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep wondering the same thing about Parenthood! I love that show. If they are going to do it, I hope they do it well... otherwise I might have to stop watching! I hate it when shows decide to introduce the topic, and then don't do it justice with real raw emotions and heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your kind words on my blog :)

    i've also been hoping that Parenthood addresses infertility! i feel so awful for wishing that, but I keep reminding myself that they are only characters and it would be good to give infertility some publicity. i really appreciated the awkward moment she had with her sister about not being pregnant yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you had a good time with your mom!

    I also saw that episode of Parenthood - I wish that more shows would talk about IF and show what it is REALLY like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did the SHG go???

    Not the best news about your sister but the surgery should definately improve her quality of life. I know I found AF SOOOOO much better to deal with after having it removed.

    ReplyDelete