Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Shared Seed

A friend from work tried to share something with me a few weeks ago and I finally had a chance to listen to it. It's a sermon from a local church and when listening to it, she thought of me and my TTC time. After hearing it, I really appreciated her sharing this with me. I did not have a large enlightenment but I felt touched and a bit understood.

I'll try not to get too detailed here, I will say that I do no go to church regularly and I will admit that while I have faith, it use to be a lot stronger than it is right now. I have wondered before if my lack of faith and church going has led me to this place. This place where I'm the last person in my group of friends to get married and now the last to try and have children. This might very well be the case, but I do not feel my wants and jealously of these things should be my driving force for getting closer to God right now. I already tried going to a few churches while in college but quickly realized I wasn't looking for God, I was looking for the saving grace that put me on the "good side" of being lucky. (All my highschool friends that were actively religious were already married or engaged and I wanted to be in that group.) I think for now I'm waiting to find that right place to go and the right time for me to grow spiritually.

Anyways back to the real point of this post, I did feel touched by this sermon and its relevance to my feelings and hopes right now. Since she shared it with me, I wanted to share with my other TTC buddies.
You have to download it in Itunes to listen to it (part of the reason it took me so long to get around to it) but if your interested, here is a link to their podcasts -

The Mustard Seed

No comments:

Post a Comment