So here are the positives about today and our situation –
1. The good news about our diagnosis - 75% of males that have this surgery show an increase in sperm count and quality. As long as he is in that 75% than our chances will go from 0 or 2% up to 50%. I think a fifty percent increase is better than I would have expected.
2. My husband is a trooper. While at the doctor’s he just jumped up and said “so, when can we do it” when told that surgery is the answer.
3. I have a great support system of people around me that truly care and are doing their best to understand what we are going through and why I’m being such a butthead right now. This also includes some wonder bloggies that have given me such sweet and wonderfully uplifting comments over the last few weeks. Thank you so much ladies :)
4. Our chances of conceiving are slim to none right now, so we get to save money on OPKs and HPTs for the next few months.
5. Waiting a few months to conceive will mean I might miss a few of the really hot months for a due date.
6. I think I'm going to take this waiting time and be productive. I really need to get back into a workout schedule and hopefully I just use this to jump start it.
7. There is a new local cupcake place and today at lunch I picked up not one but two cupcakes to try. I adore cupcakes so this gave we a big smile today.
8. I'm lucky enough to live in TN and tomorrow tickets go on sale for the first Garth Brooks concert he has down here in 12 years. So I get to get up early in the morning, stand in line and buy tickets for my wonderful Mom.
So there you have it. I found some positives. Please take a moment to think of something positive for yourself and if you feel like sharing leave me a comment. Comments make me smile almost as much as cupcakes.