Friday, May 13, 2011

Another Friday Gone By

CD 32

So yesterday morning I tested…BFN. Oh great. I skipped it this morning. I am hoping I can hold out until Sunday.

Still no AF or spotting. Symptom wise – I was very tired last night and went to bed like two hours early and woke up still feeling sleepy. I felt a little upset to my stomach yesterday morning and at lunch I was shaking a bit and felt woozy getting out of the car. I’ve had some small twinges that may be cramps coming on but normally I do not get them until I AF is going strong. I guess this is where I say “at least I’m not out yet!”

I have been pretty bad about blogging lately. Things have gotten so busy at work and outside activities that I just feel plain tired by the time I get home. This evening the hubby is out so I have plenty of time to catch up.

Since it is Friday I'll do my catching up via positives (because while everything has been busy its been pretty great).

1. I took a long weekend trip up to IL with my Mom and sister over Mother's Day weekend. Besides a rocky drive up there, which I am not going to get into here, the trip was wonderful and awesome and so much fun. Long story short, one of my cousin's is a country singer and he got signed this year. His album was scheduled to come out last week and we drove up to visit family and go to his album release concert/party. Well due to the floods in AL the CD was not ready yet so I won't bore you with a lot of link and suggestions to check it out (just yet) but I will say that the concert was wonderful and we are just so darn proud of him. He is great and I have not stopped singing his songs since leaving.

2. It was so wonderful to meet and see family I have not seen in ages. Truthfully most were introductions but boy I have to say, I think I have a cool family. If my cousin's music takes off then there is a really good chance most of that family will move down here to TN (the country music capital!) and then we get to see them all the time. For now I'll just miss them and catch up on FB :)

3. Two great artist's put out CD's this week. One I was really, really looking forward too and the other was unexpected but tickled my fancy when I saw the review in a magazine. If your interested they were - lovestrong. by Christina Perri (whom I love and have posted a few of her links before, remember the awesomeness that is The Lonely?) and the other is When you Grow Up by Priscilla Ahn. The two artists are very different but I love them both.

4. I have it on my schedule to watch both Black Swan and Blue Valentine this evening. I think it might be an emotional evening. It is raining here and the water is pinging off our our skylights. I think its a perfect setting for a good movie night.

5. At work I have been working on our annual fund-raising campaign for a local charity organization. Our company does the largest push in the state I believe. I am a big party planner and love to be involved so this was right up my alley. Well we have been scheduling and planning things for the last few weeks and now we are putting everything into action now. I am really excited to see how it is all going and how nice some people have been about it. Today we had an event outside that myself and another girl planned for our team of 40. We are raising awareness about one of the places in particular and it has to do with kids. So our idea was to have a fun/field day outside with a few games. We had a great turnout and it was tons of fun. It is not too often you get to see a couple of your bosses running across the parking lot with an egg on a wooden spoon!

6. And last but not least, I am calling on you my fellow bloggers to click on a little link for me -
This is about a book a really good friend of my wrote and illustrated. He wanted to do a book in tribute to his daughter (who is just freaking precious and I call myself her Aunt) and during the process of this idea decided to take his idea and help someone else. Another family of our is adopting a child and trying to raise money to cover the costs. All proceeds of this book will go towards the adoption fees. I try not to advertise much on my blog and have refrained from using the blogger ads so I hope you will not be annoyed that I'm mentioning this now. It is a cause close to my heart and I person think the book is very sweet.

So my friends, there you have. I have caught up on reading your blogs. I am hanging out waiting on AF to show up but until then, please go and spread the positive vibes. Tell me something positive about your day, even if it is just itty bitty!

1 comment:

  1. Hello my girl!! Fingers crossed that AF doesn't show at all!!! Life sounds lovely and busy and dare I say it distracting. Keep up the positive vibes. My positive for today is that it has been warm (a little thing I know but great when its supposed to be winterish and all lol). Take care my girl xx

    ReplyDelete