I’m on the verge of tears again and just lost about what to do. I am scared to start this part of the journey and the amount of money this might incur. I am scared to know that the answer is not final and the outcome is just a bunch of statistics.
I’ve had to call around to our doctors today a few different times to get a new SA test requested. My doc (gyno) told me that since they have referred us once already that we have to go the clinic for further help because they are not a fertility office. I also called my hubby’s doctor (urologist) yesterday and they told me to call mine. So after striking out today I called the clinic directly. She told me straight up to call our doctors back again because if we have to get set up there as a new patient. New patient costs will be right at $1,000 for the initial consult (not including a new SA) and they do not take our insurance. And of course lovely insurance will not cover any of it. I hung up the phone with this really sweet lady and sat right there in my office conference room and cried away. Sitting there crying I feel like we are right back at the beginning being told there is little or now hope.
Thankfully I called hubby’s doctor back again and they will request the test for us. Thankfully for now I can hold on to a little bit of hope before going forward.
I have to admit my fear level is just really high now. If this test does not show improvement I know our next step will have to be with the clinic and costs will begin being out of pocket. I am scared to embark on possibility we might have to try IUIs or IVF.
Dealing with Mother's Day When You're Stabby
1 week ago